Blackrock A.C. Virtual 8km
Thanks to Gerry Flaherty again for this week’s virtual 8km. A message from Gerry below.
Well done to everyone who took part in Virtual Events this week and weekend.
- Virtual 8km. This week 33 members took part (see the pdf attached) with weekly best times by new member Dave, James C, Melanie, James D, Adrian and Pat. Michael Lloyd also completed his first 8km. Great to see such big numbers each week and very consistent times by many from week to week. Let me know if there are any errors in the results.
- Virtual (not) 5km Parkrun – We had big numbers again this week in the virtual 5km with 14 taking part in the Cabinteely event, well done everyone. We also had best times by Dee, Dave. Sinead also ran in Poolbeg (not)parkrun.
- Virtual 1.0km challenge, we had great numbers taking part so far with about 60 times registered by this evening. Earlier this afternoon the Juvenile Section marathon time was 2.36 while the adult’s marathon time was 2.50. This may change by tomorrow. There is still time to take part and run a faster 1km tomorrow! You can enter your time here – 1.0km link
- Are you taking part in the Paris virtual event? If so, can you fill in this link so that we can track who is taking part – Paris
- Congratulations to the Ultra-runners! – While most of us were tucked up in our beds on Sunday morning, a number of club runners set out early on a mission to complete a Donadea challenge. A huge congratulations to Ted (101km), Rob (73km) and Arik (50km+ and support crew) for completing their amazing runs
Sinéad Howard has racked up 600Km in 58 days on Monday 5th April 2021. In doing so she completed the Malin to Mizen Head challenge, well done Sinéad. The runs and a few easy walks (on weekday lunchtimes) were completed within a 5km radius of Sinéad’s residence in Blackrock.
In the absence of normal running events, we have all benefited from some great comradery through virtuals. Keep up the good work everybody!
Blackrock A.C. is open to membership all year round, learn more.
|Blackrock A.C. Virtual 8km – January to May 2021|
|Name||Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6||Week 7||Week 8||Week 9||Week 10||Week 11||Week 12||Week 13|
|26||Kevin O Hagan||44.52||44.09||44.39||43.07||43.15||43.17||46.40||45.05||46.17||47.23||44.51||47.10|
|Note: Best times are shown in blue. Courses vary for everyone|