It’s been a busy few weeks for our athletes as the Leinster Schools, Dublin Clubs and Sarah Healy’s record breaking run in Belgium took centre stage.
See the full summary below:
Ifam Oordegem, Belgium:
In what is becoming a record breaking year for Sarah, her latest race saw her lining up at the prestigious IFAM meet in Oordegem over the weekend. Sarah was part of a high class Women’s 1500m field and was once again in sparkling form finishing in 8th place and in doing so breaking the Irish Youths record and new PB of 4.13.32. In what has been an incredible 2018 so far, Sarah has now broken four National U18 & U20 records in as many months. Congratulations to Sarah on another hugely impressive performance.
Leinster Schools, Santry:
Closer to home, our club athletes put in some strong showings in Santry last weekend. Results as follows:
- Minor Girls: Issy O’Brien had a fine run in the girls 500m and was part of the Mt Anville relay team that took gold in the 4 x 100m
- Junior Girls: Bobbi Gilespie (Wesley College) continues he fine form in the Pole Vault with a second place finish and new PB, Natasha Rolland (Mt Anville) was competing in the Shot and was then joined by Beth Carty in the 4 x 100m relay
- Inter Girls: Beth Sweeney (Sion Hill) was third in the Long Jump and fourth in the high jump whilst Carla Hudson (Wesley College) took a strong third place in the 200m. Laura Cronin (Mt Anville) was also competing in the High Jump. Emma O’Brien and Sarah Al Mukhaisemm were part of the Mt Anville 4 x 100m relay team that finished in 5th place
- Inter Boys: Evan Walshe (St Benidus) was competing in only his second steeplechase race and had a strong showing
- Senior Girls: Sarah Healy (Holy Child Killiney) was a convincing winner of the girls 1500m whilst Robyn O’Brien (Mt Anville) had a pair of fourth place finishes in the 100/200m before anchoring the 4 x 100m relay team to victory.
- Senior Boys: Oisin Kelly (Newpark) was in a high class field in the 2k Steeplechase and had a fine run finishing in 5th place.
Dublin Clubs Steeplechase, Tallaght:
Congrats to Oisin Kelly who took the Dublin Clubs U18 2K Steeplechase title in Tallaght last week. Oisin is still a novice at this event but has been making great improvements over the last two months.
Next up for our club athletes are the Dublin Primary Schools races and the Dublin U9-11 Club pairs competition this weekend.
Good luck to all involved.