The 2014 Juvenile awards were presented last night in the company of special guest David Gillick. This year we were recognising some outstanding displays at both Dublin & National level and also the contributions of other athletes in our training groups.
A special mention to Sarah Healy, Emma O’Brien, Alanna Scanlan and Denis Gilesvskiy who scooped the main awards with the Girls U12/13 relay squads winning the Joint Team award.
The loudest cheer of the evening went to Club Secretary Paul Walshe, who was unanimously voted Club person of the year. A fitting reward for his outstanding contribution not just this year but over the last three years in the renaissance of the Juvenile section in Blackrock A.C.
After the prize giving ceremony, David was on hand for a Q&A session with athletes, parents and coaches and we got a fascinating insight in to his rise through the athletics ranks which led to two European Indoor 400m titles and a finalist at the World Championships in 2009 in Berlin.
The roll of honour for 2014 is as follows:
– Recognition Awards:
Annalie McMahon, Luke Moraghan, Donal Martin, Ella Cowman, Jack O’Callaghan, Matthew Slevin, Amy McColdrick, Ciaran Patchell, Tom Cosgrove, Roisin O’Connor, Aoife Linane, Mark Kelly, Evan Walshe, Caitlin Kelly, Ellie Fitzgerald, Jack Moraghan, Julie Ringrose, Luke Reynolds and Mika Ryan.
– Club person of the Year: Paul Walshe
– Mary O’Connor recipient 2014: Alanna Scanlan
– Notable individual race performances: AmyRose Farrell, Robyn O’Brien & Patrick Tucker
– Team of the Year: Girls U12/13 relay All Ireland winners: Isabel O’Brien, Sarah AlMukhaizeem, Laura Gallagher, Emma O’Brien, Ellen Cheung, Kristina O’Connor
– Female athlete of the year 2014: Emma O’Brien
– Male athlete of the year 2014: Denis Gilesvskiy
– Overall Juvenile athlete of the year 2014: Sarah Healy