Blackrock A.C. has several roles to fill which are both Committee and Non-Committee based.
We are looking for volunteers to come forward and take the baton so that we can continue and build upon the great work that has been done to date. A huge thank you to Emer, Nuala and Joan who have contributed immensely to the success of our club over the years.
Please see below a brief description of the three positions which are starting in 2022. If you are interested or wish to have a chat about these roles feel free to reach out to any of the committee members or email email@example.com
Child Welfare officer:
- Be familiar with current child protection legislation.
- Understand the Athletics Ireland child protection procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that the club’s code of ethics and child safeguarding policies and procedures are in keeping with AI’s Child Welfare & Protection in Sport.
- Ensure child protection procedures are understood and adhered to by all members.
- Ensure that the complaints procedures are met and followed up on.
Juvenile Captain Ages 8-14:
- Two-year role with successor appointed during the second year
- Ensure Coaches have the equipment and facilities needed to train and compete
- Establish and act as chairperson for the Juvenile Committee
- Ensure child protection is at the forefront of everything we do
- Welcome new members to the club and ensure any new joiners receive a positive start.
- Work with Senior, Masters & Junior sections as “one club”
- Work to reduce waiting lists as per the club vision
Children’s registration officer (non-committee based):
- Own the collection of artifacts to register athletes with Athletics Ireland
- Look to automate the registration and renewal process by using new approaches / applications
- Act as first point of contact to new email enquiries regarding membership
- Work closely with the Captains and Child Welfare Officer to ensure compliance with Athletics Ireland Child Safety procedures
- Liaise regularly with club captains to highlight any issues with membership.