Capture the Spring in Your Step
Capture the Spring in Your Step is a photo competition from Blackrock A.C.
There has been a real flurry of activity in recent weeks and we invite all of our members to get involved and take some great photos.
Photos should capture the spirit of the club and include our members in each one. Think of a good active, outdoors, before, during or after an activity kind of photo and just be conscious of safety restrictions and guidelines as you do.
There are 3 categories to the competition, with 3 prizes per category.
The competition will run for just over 3 weeks and you can enter as many times as you like up until 18 May 2021 at 5pm.
A panel of three judges will select the winning photos from each category.
As pictured above, there will be a Blackrock A.C. Adidas tshirt, hoodie and rain jacket for each category.
Photo Tip - Rule of Thirds
The rule of thirds is a type of composition in which an image is divided evenly into thirds, both horizontally and vertically, and the subject of the image is placed at the intersection of those dividing lines, or along one of the lines itself.
It is one of the most common rules in photography, and one of the easiest to learn and to use successfully. To understand and use the rule of thirds, simply break up an image into thirds both horizontally and vertically. The four intersection points of these lines, and the four lines themselves, are where subjects, or strong compositional lines of a photograph, can be placed to create a strong, balanced image.
More information on the rule of thirds can be viewed here.
The Competition is open to all members, parents and guardians aged 18 or over. This is to ensure permission is valid to use all photo entries.
There are 9 prizes in total that will be shared across different categories of the competition. Each category will receive:
1x Blackrock A.C. Adidas rain jacket
1x Blackrock A.C. Adidas hoodie
1x Blackrock A.C. Adidas tshirt
3 in total between Fit4Life, Men and Women
3 for Juniors (U20)
3 for Juveniles (U15)
Capture the spirit of the club.
All outdoor, active photos of a good clear quality of our members practicing athletics in any form, as well as before and after a training session or virtual competitions are welcome.
Selfies are allowed but please ensure they are of a good clear quality and not too close-up. See our guide on the ‘rule of thirds’ on this page for more info.
As many as you want. Our form will allow you to upload up to 10 at a time with a 10mb limit on each photo so there really is no limit. Just remember though, this is a competition so aim for quality over quantity.
There is no limit and you can submit as many times as you like. We suggest, however, that you edit your photos wisely, and send us only your best.
Images must be titled and mandatory fields are present on the form. Description is optional although recommended, we want to know what you were up to! 🙂
Please ensure your images are in either JPG or PNG format. We will not accept PDF, Word or other files containing numerous photos.
We welcome you uploading multiple images at once, however use the correct format as we don’t want to have to edit Word files or similar in order to be able to use images.
We are looking for current photos only so please get snapping!
There is a panel of 3 judges who will select 9 winners, 3 from adult, 3 from Junior (U20) and 3 from Juvenile (U15) sections.
There will also be a member’s choice award for best photo, which will be voted on by members of the club.
Terms and Conditions
- Entry is open to all members, parents and guardians in Blackrock A.C. ages 18 or over.
- In the case of Junior and Juvenile categories, parents and guardians are required to submit.
- All entrants warrant that the photographs submitted have been taken by the entrant and they are fully entitled to use it for the purpose of the Blackrock A.C. Capture the Spring in Your Step photo competition.
- Where photos submitted to the competition contains any person or people, the entrant warrants that the people involved have given their permission for the photograph to be used in the competition.
- By submitting photos to the competition, you give Blackrock A.C. full permission to use them as part of the promotion of the competition, general news or other activities going on within the club.
- The decision of the judging panel on the photographs shall be final.
- Blackrock A.C. reserves the right to change the prizes without notice and all prizes are subject to availability.
- Deadline for entries is 11th May 2021 at 5pm.