Blackrock AC finished their league campaign on Sunday last in fine style at the Phoenix Park. (We had 22 athletes taking part on the day).
A big congratulations to Sarah O’Brien who finished joint top in the Girls u’9 League. Sarah has been hugely consistent in this programme and derserves great credit for her performances. Indeed the future looks extremely bright as Sarah and her fellow athletes in both the Under 9 categories performed very well over the last few weeks.
Those athletes who secured Top 6 finishes overall are as follows:
- Girls u’9- Sarah O’Brien (Joint 1st overall/ 119 pts) & Isabel O’Brien (3rd overall/ 115 pts)
- Boys u’9- Louis Dignam (2nd overall/ 118 pts), Daniel Mullane (3rd overall/ 104 pts) & Tom Cosgrove (6th overall/ 90 pts)
- Girls u’11- Ellen Cheung (2nd overall/ 116 pts) & Aoife Linane (5th overall/ 89 pts)
- Boys u’11- Evan Walshe (2nd overall/ 116 pts)
- Girls u’12- Lina Kyne (6th overall/ 91 pts)
- Girls u’13- Natasha Twomey (6th overall/ 91 pts)
We also had other excellent performances including the boys Under 9 squad (hot favourites to take the team event in Marlay Park) along with Sarah Healy u’12 & William Hickey u’12.
The league campaign has been an important part of our preparations for the Dublin Counties in November and congratulations to all our athletes on their collective commitment and efforts over the last few weeks. The improvement across all age groups is there for all to see.
We would also like to thank all the volunteers and race organisers for their hard work and dedication during the four events in Newbridge House and the Phoenix park.
(Photos by Frank O’Brien)
Please see all photos attached.
Full results here for the XC League 2012