Blackrock A.C. performing well in the Dublin Virtual Half Marathon and training continues as some members prepare for marathons in Dublin, Belfast and Amsterdam this autumn. We are also delighted to announce that our weekly 8km and 16km challenge was completed with great success and many new personal bests. From now until the end of the October, we are going to continue the series with a 10km virtual challenge.
- Well done to Grainne who completed the Louisburg Half Marathon in Mayo and, once again, finished first in her age group.
- Congratulations to all those who completed the ladies virtual 10km mini marathon this weekend.
- Hugh Hunt was 5th in the Monastarevin Half Marathon in 81 mins, Miguel Flores was 5th in the Roundwood 10k in 38 mins, David Graham broke 40 mins in the Lakes 10k with Darren Keane not far behind, and Ted Burke was 2nd in an (even more hilly than usual) Avondale Parkrun in sub 20.
- Eoghan Hughes completed the Aherlow 50k with a time of 5:18:59 finishing in 10th position.
- Parkrun will be fully back nationwide from 25 September and we hope to see lots of you in Cabinteely!
Dublin Virtual Half Marathon 2021
Fit4life Virtual Event – 10km Challenge
From now until the end of the October, we are going to continue the series and have a 10km virtual challenge. Just log a 10km each week for any of your runs or even enter an average over a longer run. This is a good opportunity to do a weekly tempo run with a recommended pace of half marathon pace or a 10km race time +5 minutes. You can log your results here: 10km Virtual run
The following are some other races recommenced for the Blackrock A.C. members:
- IMRA calendar (mountain running) – various dates and locations – calendar here – note registration opening a few days ahead of each race so keep a close eye
- Mullingar half marathon – 25 Sep – Link
- Naas Town 10k and 5k – 26 Sep – Link
- Galway Bay Marathon – 02 Oct – Link – latest info from organisers is that they still hope to proceed
- Wicklow Hospice Marathon and Half Marathon – 09 Oct – Link
- Spar Autumn Open Cross-Country, Abbotstown – 17 Oct
- Thoroughbred Marathon Kildare – 24 Oct – Link
- Mountain Trail Running Festival – various trail runs, 10k to 100k (!) – 19/20 Nov – Link
- Dublin Virtual Marathon 23-25 Oct – Link – plus half marathon this weekend
- Dublin Senior Cross Country, location TBC – 31 Oct
- Run The Line (13k and 26k mountain run, Glencullen) – 20 Nov – Link
- Clonakilty Waterfront Marathon (Half and Full) – 27 Nov – Link
- Clontarf 5 mile and Half Marathon – 27 Nov – Link
- Dublin Masters Cross Country, location TBC – 9 Jan 2022
- Donadea 50k (back in the forest!) – 12 Feb 2022 – reg TBC
- Seville marathon – 20 Feb 2022 – multiple BAC members signed up already but may sell out soon – Link
- Connemarathon 2022 – 24th April 2022 (half, full, ultra) – very far in advance but entries now open and limited due to deferrals from 2020/21 – Link
Training continues as normal this week. Anyone who had not completed the Covid-19 survey can do so at the following link (Covid19 form link). If anyone is not feeling well in any way or injured you should not come to training. For those currently on trial, if you want to join the club , you can do so here: Membership link