We can look back on another hot week with some Blackrock A.C. members taking on the IMRA 7.15km Glen of the Downs race with an elevation of 200 meters, live racing in Carlow and post-run ice creams.
- Congratulations to Volkan, Ted and James for taking part at the Glen of the Downs IMRA race on 21st July and to Ted and Sarah who completed the Fighting Cocks 5k in Carlow on 24th July.
- During the week we had some fine runs by some Blackrock A.C. members at the Dublin Graded track 5000m, Rob (17-50pb) and Hugh H, Brian L. Rachel also ran well at the recent Irish Runner 10km.
- Well done to current and former men’s captains Rob Asher and David Martin embarking on a 40km trip from Shankhill to Tallaght through the Dublin Mountain Way.
- We have collated 12 tips for running (and general exercising) in the heat for you. Read the article HERE.
- With Marathon season underway for 2021, Blackrock AC chairperson and seasoned Marathon runner Barry Thornton shared 10 great tips on running a sub-3-hour marathon. Read the article HERE.
The following are some races recommenced for the Fit4life group
- Mondello Park half marathon on Friday evening July 30 – Link
- Dublin Virtual 10mile on 21/22 August – Link
- Club (Track) 5km Greystone’s 5km 29 August –
- Roundwood Reservoir 10k – 12 Sep – Link
- London Virtual 10km Pairs- September 12 – Link
- Dublin Virtual half marathon on 18/19 September – Link
Weekly 8km and 16km results
Well done to everyone who took part in the Virtual runs this week with 26 participants; amazing given the high temperatures all week – see results below. If there are any errors please let Gerry know. Week 4 or other results can be submitted any time HERE.
Thanks to everyone who co-operated with training and HSE requirements at training last week. Anyone who had not completed the Covid-19 survey can do so at the following link (Covid19 form link). If anyone is not feeling well in any way or injured you should not come to training. The current requirements will remain in place until further notice. Hope to see some new faces at training this week and as usual, everyone is welcome. If you have not signed up for 2021 membership, you can do so here – Link