Blackrock A.C. is looking for volunteers for a world record attempt, the club 5km race and men’s training sessions. More information can be found below.
- A great achievement by Eoghan Hughes who completed the Glendalough Tucker Trial Ultra on 14th August with over 80km and almost 3km incline.
- Brian, Darren E, Darren K and Owen completed the very competitive Kilbeggan 10 mile last weekend with Brian leading the club home in 54min.
- Fantastic results for the club at the first weekend of the juvenile nationals with multiple medals for the club. A special mention to Donal winning a double gold in the U16 in both 100m and 200m. Congratulations to all involved! You can read more HERE.
- Athletics Ireland have declared that the Belfast Marathon on 3rd October will be the national marathon championship. The event is sold out, but 200 extra places are being made available to valid Athletics Ireland club members with a qualifying time over the past 3 years. Those who have already signed up can apply to be included in the championship. More details here: https://www.athleticsireland.ie/news/2021-national-marathon-championships
Blackrock A.C. is looking for volunteers
We are currently looking for volunteers for the below events:
- World record attempt: Want to be part of a world record attempt? We still need some members to help out on Saturday 9th October 2021 to run as part of a group for all or part of a marathon distance with a twist. More info including registration are here: https://blackrockac.ie/blackrock-ac-to-support-michael-ferndale-unique-challenge/
- Blackrock A.C. Club 5km: We will be on the lookout imminently for non-running volunteers for marshalling or timing for the Club 5k on 29th August 2021 – let us know if you are keen or have a friendly family member who is happy to help! Registration and venue confirmation are expected very soon.
- Blackrock A.C. Men’s training: We are looking for volunteers to lead the Tuesday/Sunday training sessions in September/ October / November – please let Rob know if you would be happy to lead some sessions.
Introductory training for beginners
Blackrock A.C. is inviting new members to an introductory session for beginners this Tuesday, 16th August 2021. If you are interest or know of anyone who may be interested in coming along, please contact us.
The Roundwood Reservoir 10k on Sunday 12th September at 10.30 is being recommended as a group run for Fit4life. This run is on a lovely scenic course around the Vartry Reservoir. More details can be found here: https://lakers.ie/lakers-events/roundwoodrun2021/
The following are some other races recommenced for the Fit4life group
- Club 5km 29 August (tbc) – hopefully Blackrock Park
- London Virtual 10km Pairs- September 12 – Link
- Dublin Virtual half marathon on 18/19 September – Link
Weekly 8km and 16km results
Well done to everyone who took part in the Virtual run Week 7 this week with 29 participants with pb’s by Sarah, Aideen, Carmel, Seamus, Ger, Charlene Johnny, with big best times in last two weeks by Sarah. Well done also to Janel who did her run in America in high temperatures and humidity. Super running everyone. If there are any errors please let Gerry know. Week 6 or other results can be submitted any time HERE.
We are still required to follow HSE Guidelines. Anyone who had not completed the Covid-19 survey can do so at the following link (Covid19 form link). If anyone is not feeling well in any way or injured you should not come to training.
The current requirements will remain in place until further notice. Hope to see some new faces at training this week and as usual, everyone is welcome. If you have not signed up for 2021 membership, you can do so here.