Blackrock A.C. members were racing in Mondello Park this weekend, our members achieved some great results in other races and we are looking for volunteers to support a unique challenge.
- Congratulations to everyone who took part in the Mondello Park Half Marathon last night with fine runs by Imelda (first half), Patricia, James D, Karen, James C, Dermot, Grainne (5th lady) and Ted (4th male) and to Gerry Flaherty for completing the full marathon in Mondello with a time of 3:49:16. Super running by everyone on the hilly 3.6km lap. The Mondello Try and Finish before Midnight Marathon and Half Marathon, in conjunction with Donadea50k full results can be viewed here.
- Well done to Blackrock A.C. men’s captain Rob Asher who completed a marathon training run under 3 hours 35 mins (42.6km) around Dalkey and Killiney.
- Fit4Life members Mark and Melanie took part in the Parkrun in Bremen, Germany this weekend achieving the 1st male and 1st female place from 37 participants.
- Impressive run by Eoghan Huges who has done a 60k ultra trail run in Ballyhoura last week, finishing in the top ten: https://www.imra.ie/events/view/id/2064
Volunteers wanted for charity event
A runner called Michael Ferndale is doing a Reverse Running Record Attempt in Dublin on Monday 11th October. This is a fundraiser for Lord’s Taverners, the UK’s leading youth disability charity. Michael will be running a marathon distance backwards in Phoenix Park that day and is looking for runners to accompany him for part of the journey (but they’d be running forwards!). The job of the runners will be to make sure the group doesn’t don’t run into any obstacles (or deer) along the way. They’re looking for a group of runners willing to do a leg of 10k, or longer, at a steady pace of 7-10min per km.
Michael plans to run 5 backwards marathons in 5 cities across 5 days. Blackrock A.C. members are more than welcome to volunteer and support a great cause!
More details and signup form for volunteers HERE.
The following are some races recommenced for the Fit4life group:
- Dublin Virtual 10mile on 21/22 August – Link
- Club (Track) 5km Greystone’s 5km 29 August (tbc)
- Roundwood Reservoir 10k – 12 Sep – Link
- London Virtual 10km Pairs- September 12 – Link
- Dublin Virtual half marathon on 18/19 September – Link
Weekly 8km and 16km results
Well done to everyone who took part in the Virtual runs this week. If there are any errors please let Gerry know. Week 5 or other results can be submitted any time HERE.
…this weeks results will be added shortly…
Thanks to everyone who co-operated with training and HSE requirements at training last week. Anyone who had not completed the Covid-19 survey can do so at the following link (Covid19 form link). If anyone is not feeling well in any way or injured you should not come to training. The current requirements will remain in place until further notice. Hope to see some new faces at training this week and as usual, everyone is welcome. If you have not signed up for 2021 membership, you can do so here – Link