‘Winter miles, summer smiles’ is the mantra of some of our Blackrock A.C. members, and there were definitely a lot of reasons for smiles last week!
- Congratulations to Ted Burke who was second at the Clogherhead 5km Beach Run in Louth with a fine run also by Sarah Conroy.
- Well done to Rachel who completed the 10km race series event, to Deirdre Nally who completed the Derry Parkrun and to Monica and Kevin for completing the tough Larne parkrun at the weekend
- Our Blackrock A.C. members had an successful day at the Dublin championships in Lucan last week, you can read up on it HERE.
- Well done to all Blackrock A.C. members who braced the high temperatures this week.
- Blackrock A.C. member Aideen did some research to find out if buying expensive running shoes is really worth it – you can read about her findings HERE.
The following are some races recommenced for the Fit4life group
- Mondello Park half marathon on Friday evening July 30 – Link
- Dublin Virtual 10mile on 21/22 August – Link
- Club (Track) 5km Greystone’s 5km 29 August –
- Roundwood Reservoir 10k – 12 Sep – Link
- Dublin Virtual half marathon on 18/19 September – Link
Club 5k – Save the date!
Weekly 8km and 16km results
Well done to everyone who took part in the Virtual runs this week with 28 participants and 5 first timers – see results below. If there are any errors please let Gerry know. Week 3 results can be submitted any time HERE.
Thanks to everyone who co-operated with training and HSE requirements at training last week. Anyone who had not completed the Covid-19 survey can do so at the following link (Covid19 form link). If anyone is not feeling well in any way or injured you should not come to training. The current requirements will remain in place until further notice.
Hope to see some new faces at training this week and as usual, everyone is welcome. If you have not signed up for 2021 membership, you can do so here – Link