Blackrock A.C. are training for the Dublin City Marathon despite the announcement that the live event will be postponed for another year. Our weekly Fit4Life long runs are a fantastic way to get fit for longer races, the image above shows last weekend’s long run group along the Dodder.
- Congratulations to Rob who finished the Never Give Up 10km in Wexford with a new PB of 00:38:24.
- Well done to Fit4Life members Karen and Dorit who completed the Stockholm virtual half marathon last weekend and to Adrian for completing the Toronto 10km virtual run.
- The club was delighted to see our junior and juveniles members performing admirably in Tallaght last weekend winning 7 gold and 1 silver medal, see all winners here and here.
- We announced the winners of the Blackrock A.C. photo challenge ‘Capture the Spring in your Step’, you can see all winning entries here.
Dublin City Marathon
Sad news about the Dublin City Marathon being postponed to 2022; Blackrock A.C. will hold at least one group marathon on the day (24th October 2022) for those who would like to make an event of the virtual DCM instead and to support the DCM committee (financially and otherwise) by entering.
You can enter the Dublin Race Series and the Dublin Marathon online: http://kbcdublinmarathon.ie/
Blackrock A.C. virtual 8km (and 16km) – Week 2
Thanks to everyone who took part in the 8km and 16km virtual events this week. Below you can find all results from our weekly 8km and 16km runs.
- Dublin Virtual Race Series 10k on 17/18 July – Link
- Mondello Park half marathon on Friday evening July 30 – Link
- Dublin Virtual 10mile on 21/22 August – Link
- Club 5km Greystone’s 5km 29 August – tbv
- Roundwood Reservoir 10k – 12 Sep – Link
- Dublin Virtual half marathon on 18/19 September – Link
Check out www.myrunresults.com or www.imra.ie for other races coming up soon.
Free HSE Pilates Class
Pilates is a form of exercise like yoga. It involves a series of movements that focus on core strength, posture, balance and flexibility.
Practicing Pilates can improve overall wellbeing as well as general fitness. Check out the following link – Videos. In total there are 8 video’s.
You can red more on the importance of stretching and the benefits of Yoga for runners HERE.
Thanks to everyone who co-operated with training and HSE requirements at training last week. Anyone who had not completed the Covid-19 survey can do so at the following link (Covid19 form link). If anyone is not feeling well in any way or injured you should not come to training. The current requirements will remain in place until further notice.
Hope to see some new faces at training this week and as usual, everyone is welcome. If you have not signed up for 2021 membership, you can do so here – Link
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter to keep up to date.
Leave a Reply